Brother® HL-1270N laser printer
The Brother HL-1270N laser printer is designed to print up to 12 ppm. It includes a built-in print server, PostScript Level 2 Emulation, 4MB of standard memory and an optional additional 250-sheet paper tray for a total paper capacity of 500 pages. The HL-1270N printer is a complete, network-ready business printer for small workgroups who need many of the features found in more expensive printers. It comes network ready, right out of the box, and with 10/100 base TX Ethernet.
The Brother HL-1270N laser printer supports all the major network operating systems available in the market today, including Novell NetWare, Microsoft Windows NT Server, and Microsoft Windows 95 Networking. It also includes data compression, automatic e-mail printing software, auto interface switching, micro fine toner and power saving mode. The Micro fine toner helps to yield sharper text and graphics. The laser printer also supports manual duplex/n-up/poster printing modes. It is an affordable option that allows easy and free communication amongst those plugged into a shared network.
The Brother HL-1270N laser printer offers 600 x 600 dpi print resolution for standard prints and 1200 x 600 dpi for graphics with micro fine HL-1270N toner. A maximum of 250 sheets of standard copy paper will fit in the printer's paper tray, but users could also manually put in pages via an alternate feed tray. The printer operating in a variety of language options delivers the entire system ready for access by all members of the group or office. It is also suitable to a Mac or PC and comes with all USB and drivers needed for instant set-up. It will run on different networking systems, such as Microsoft Windows 95 and NT. The printer's quality text and graphics remain consistent regardless of the number of users. The HL-1270N is ideal for small offices or departments that need to share a printer.
- FIVE –Â Monochrome technologyThe Brother HL-1270N laser printer uses electro photographic monochrome laser technology for printing. It supports a print speed of 12 ppm. The first print is out in 15 sec. It also supports a maximum resolution of 1200 x 600 dpi that ensures bold and bright images. For networking it supports 10/100 Base TX. In addition it supports parallel and USB interface. The language simulation includes PCL6, BR-Script 2, Epson FX-850 and IBM Pro printer XL.
- FOUR –Â Memory technologyThe Brother HL-1270N Laser Printer consists of 4 MB RAM. It features Brother enhanced memory technology. It also consists of a 66 MHz RISC based processor. It consists of a 250 sheets input tray and an output tray capacity of 150 sheets. The supported media types include laser paper, plain paper, laser labels, laser transparencies, index cards and envelopes.
- THREE –Â Toner cartridgesThe Brother HL-1270N laser printer's toner cartridges print anywhere from up to 3,000 to up to 6,000 pages per toner cartridge, depending on what supply type is purchased. This printer model could use either the Brother TN460 toner cartridge or TN430 toner cartridge. The Brother TN460 is the best value considering it has twice as much toner as the TN430 toner cartridge. This laser printer also uses the DR400 drum unit, which is rated at 20,000 pages.
- TWO –Â PrintingThe HL-1270N laser printer prints on letter, executive, legal, custom size paper, transparencies, envelopes, and labels. It supports a 250-sheet adjustable paper cassette for demanding workloads and 66 scalable fonts for a variety of design options. The automatic e-mail printing software is also included for convenient printing of e-mail messages at prescheduled times. With standard built-in parallel and USB ports, the HL-1270N printer is compatible with Macintosh systems and Windows.
- ONE – Â Mixed-languageThe Brother HL-1270N laser printer is designed for small workgroups and mixed-language environments with network-ready printing right out of the box. It also comes with PostScript Level 2 for greater software compatibility and error-free printing. Its standard Ethernet 10/100Base-TX network adapter is very easy to use. It takes just minutes to support and connect all major network operating systems.
As the HL-1270N laser printer supports all the major network operating systems available in the market today it is suitable for offices with moderate printing requirements.