Review on Brother® HL 2035
Brother HL 2035 mono laser printer has 2400 x 600 dpi print resolution and renders intense detail for a truly magnificent visual impact. This low-cost printer delivers an 18-ppm print speed and is equipped with 8 MB memory to handle multiple print runs as well. It has a 200-sheet capacity. Brother HL 2035 printer is compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux. It uses a USB connection to ensure connectivity with modern devices.
Brother HL 2035 mono laser printer is a good little economical printer and this would be ideal for homes, home offices and at best, as an individual printer at offices. It offers fine text quality combined with a decent print speed, which puts it in favor over others in the same segment. Brother HL 2035 is a printer worthy of occupying a space in your office. Experience affordable laser printing in your home or small business with Brother HL 2035 printer that delivers sharp printing results.
Text print quality of Brother HL 2035 mono laser printer is excellent, black text is densely black, smooth with no patchiness and characters are crisp and well defined. Even business graphics fared very well with no jaggedness or banding. The mono laser printers are not expected to print photos. Yet, Brother HL 2035 prints near perfect photos with some visible banding in the background. The set-up is as simple as opening the front cover and inserting the two-part drum and toner cartridge. All access to paper and consumables is from the front side. So you could place it wherever you like, even close to a wall. Up to 250 A4 pages could be loaded into its fully covered main paper tray.
- FIVE –Â Drum and toner cartridgeThe drum and the toner cartridge come as independent accessories on this printer. The standard TN-2005 toner manages about 1,500 A4 pages while the DR-2005 drum should last for 12,000 A4 pages. A simple control panel on the side monitors toner levels and tells you when the drum is nearing the threshold and flashes up error warnings if you have run out of paper or there is a paper jam.
- FOUR –Â Speed of the printerPrint speed of the Brother HL 2035 mono laser printer is officially up to 18ppm and you are impressed by your test documents that averaged 15ppm at a maximum resolution of 2,400 x 600 dpi. You have to allow about 11 seconds for warm-up, which is negligible for the less than heavy usage you expect from printers of this type.
- THREE –Â Slick paper handlingAs a front-loading mono laser printer the Brother HL 2035 provides slick paper handling and job processing. The paper tray has a 240-sheet capacity and is fully covered, thus it minimizes mis-feeds and paper jams. Paper handling via the enclosed feeder tray makes the printer more attractive, with no protruding parts, and as a result makes it a flexible unit to position and maneuver for use.
- TWO –Â Low cost printerBrother HL 2035 is a nice touch, low cost printer. It is a budget mono laser printer offering superb print quality at an outstanding price. The estimated price per print is just more than 3p per print. The cost per print is slightly on the higher side, which can be simply compensated with the economical price of printer.
- ONE – Â PanelAt the bottom of the front panel is a surprisingly capacious 250-sheet paper tray and there is a single sheet multi purpose feed positioned directly above this. The printer could take media up to 161gsm, so you will be all right feeding envelopes and thin card through this slot. Four indicator lights and a single button are present on the left-hand side of the printer's output tray, indicating low toner, an exhausted drum, any paper jams, and its ready status.
With a solid and compact design, Brother HL 2035 has made a conscious effort to build a unit that delivers on cost and performance, as opposed to aesthetics and advanced functionality. The toner unit slot is easy to operate, with simple drop and click in place installation.