Brother® HL-5040 Printer Review
Brother HL-5040 is a monochrome laser printer that suits individuals and is also perfect for office use. It offers eminent outputs at a logical speed. This printer has a compact design and it offers expandable memory and network options. Maximum monthly duty cycle provided in this printer is 20000 pages. It is provided with an optional interface NC-2100p for external print Ethernet server.
Brother HL-5040 is a compact, square-shape laser printer that takes only a very little desk space. This printer’s dimensions are 15.0" x 15.1" x 9.9" (WDH) and it weighs around 23 pounds. It helps you to place this printer even to the most crammed office area. It is ideal for home as well as office users.
Brother HL-5040 Printer uses Brother HQ1200 image enhancement technology by which this printer is proficient in giving documents at a high resolution of 2400 dpi x 600 dpi. The language simulation used in this printer is PCL6 and the fonts included are 49 scalable, 12 bitmapped and 11 barcode. Brother HL-5040 Printer possesses a standard input paper capacity of 250 sheets which can be increased up to 500 by the optional addition of LT-5000 tray. With the use of provided alternate media feed-tray in the front panel, envelopes, heavy bond paper, and other such media types can be fed in without causing any bending or jamming issues. This printer works well with Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2000/NT4.0, Windows Millennium Edition and other operating systems. The driver and utility software programs are provided with this printer.
- FIVE –Â Convenient paper handlingBrother HL-5040 Printer can effortlessly handle letterhead and envelopes with the use of provided 250-sheet input tray and single-sheet manual by-pass tray. The flexibility of this printer can be increased by adding an optional 250-sheet paper tray. The auto loading media feeder provided in this printer loads 250 sheets.
- FOUR –Â Media handlingThe media types supported by Brother HL-5040 Printer are labels, envelopes, bond paper, plain paper, recycled paper and transparencies. It takes in standard media sizes, such as letter, legal, executive, A4, A5, A6, B5 and B6 and the maximum custom size supported is 8.5in x 14in. It can hold media weight between 60 g/m2 and 161 g/m2.
- THREE –Â ConnectivityBrother HL-5040 Printer provides one Hi-Speed 4 pin USB Type B and one Parallel IEEE 1284 (EPP/ECP) 36 pin Centronics port standard interfaces and it also offers optional networking capabilities. Networking alternative used in Brother HL-5040 Printer is the Brother NC-2100p 10/100 BaseT external Ethernet print server. The protocols supported for optional 10/100BASE-TX (NC-2100p) are TCP/IP and NetBEUI.
- TWO –Â PerformanceBrother HL-5040 Printer is provided with Fujitsu SPARClite processor that has a speed of 133MHz. It possesses a standard built-in memory of 8 MB RAM and a DIMM 100-pin SDRAM slot to offer an upgradation of this memory up to 136 MB. This printer delivers output documents at a speed of 17 pages per minute.
- ONE – Â Easy to use and controlThe control panel of this printer is provided with 4 LEDs and 2 buttons. The LEDs designate the toner, drum and paper status of the printer and the two buttons are for stopping and awakening the print jobs. The consumables used in this printer are TN530 Standard Yield Toner Cartridge that delivers 3,300 Pages and a DR500 Drum Unit that delivers 20000 pages.
It is an affordable monochrome laser printer for your small business or home office environment. Brother HL-5040 Printer offers fast print speeds, easy installation, fine text-printing quality, general maintenance and troubleshooting.