Review on Brother® Wi-Fi® Printers
Brother Printers with Wi-Fi connectivity helps to print data without the help of a wired network. The HL-2170W is an example of compact, budget friendly monochrome laser printer with Wi-Fi technology from Brother. That is ideal for printer sharing. It has very good print speed, footprint and paper handling and also offers wireless 802.11b/g and wired network interfaces for connecting to the network.
It is perfect for both home and office uses. One of the Wi-Fi printers from Brother, the Brother Wi-Fi printers provide flexible connectivity with the help of USB, wireless and wired network interfaces that is present in it. An inbuilt wireless interface helps the users to avoid the messy cables and to place the printer in the most convenient location in their environment. It prints at print speed of up to 23 ppm, and quickly produces all of letters, reports, spreadsheets and other documents.
HL-2170W, Brother MFC-9320CW are some of the Wi-Fi connected printer from Brother. This is one of the least expensive models. These Models are having Wi-Fi facility to connect and share documents with computer and other printers. The presence of 32MB of memory in HL-2170W helps to process your print jobs quickly and handle more complex documents. The presence of 250 sheet capacity paper tray would reduce the time of refilling the tray, and a manual bypass slot is available for printing envelopes and letter head. With HQ1200 print resolution (up to 2400 × 600 dpi), your documents will have hard text and graphics. For the customers having wireless access points that are capable of supporting support SecureEasySetup, Wi-Fi Protected Setup or AOSS, you can automatically configure your wireless settings by simply pressing a button on your router. Printing technology used with one of the Brothers printer with Wi-Fi (HL2170W) is black and white laser printing, maximum black print speed is 23 ppm. Maximum print resolution is HQ1200 (up to 2400×600 dpi). It supports network protocols.
- FIVE –Â High performanceBrother Wi-Fi printers have great standard features that benefit a small business. Comparatively these printers are very economical to the users. If wireless printing is a required then it comes with wireless 802.11b/g for this printer. All these features help to improve performance of the printer.
- FOUR –Â Easy accessibilityThe Wi-Fi technology is used with the Brother’s wireless printers for achieving wireless connectivity. This would help to avoid the need to be located in a certain hot spot to get the coverage if a wireless router is used. Add a wireless router to allow the printer to be located anywhere as long as the router is in range.
- THREE –Â Network and connectivityBrother Wi-Fi printers support the Wi-Fi protocols, and other network protocols like TCP/IP, WINS/NetBIOS name resolution, DNS resolver, mDNS, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, IPP, FTP Server, POP before SMTP, SMTP-AUTH, TELNET, SNMPv1, HTTP Server, etc to improve the connectivity features. It also assures the data security via wireless network security SSID/ESSID, 128/64 bit WEP, WPA/WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES) and LEAP (CKIP).
- TWO –Â Operation and specificationsBrother Wi-Fi printers have a CPU speed having 181 MHz. The Toner Save Mode is available with Brother Wi-Fi printers. Monthly Duty Cycle of the printer is 10,000 pages and recommended monthly print volume is 250 to 2,000 pages. The time taken for first time to print is less than 10 sec. Standard Memory size is 32MB Memory and Optional Memory is not available. Common Laser printing cartridges are used with these printers.
- ONE – Â Easy to set-upSetting up an ordinary printer can take more time when the printer that you are going to set-up has network functions. First of all, you need to plug it into a computer and then configure the computer to share the computer with other computers in the network. The presence of an Ethernet connection solves this problem when connected to a wireless router.
Brother Wi-Fi printers come in handy for offices or households with lots of computers. There is no need to buy a dedicated printer for each machine if everyone can access the same one.