Canon® printer MP600 review
Canon has opened a new intuitive user interface featuring an easy-scroll wheel on three of its high specification PIXMA Photo All-in-One printers. The easy-scroll wheel that is featured on the new Canon PIXMA MP600 changes the way that people interact with their All-in-One photo printers. Similar to controllers found on other popular digital devices such as MP3 players and mobile phones the easy-scroll wheel is rotated to operate the printer and make selections from the menu is displayed on a high quality colour TFT screen.
Canon PIXMA MP600 are very quick and producing a normal resolution A4 borderless photo print in just over a minute and a 6x4 in less than half a minute. Its plain paper printing is also very quick. Superior 9600x2400 dpi resolution with advanced FINE print heads and 1pl minimum droplet size. It has print speeds of as fast as 21 seconds. Its Photo and document copying at speed incorporates Canons Dual Colour Gamut Processing Technology.
Canon PIXMA MP600 has features with good paper handling and fast high-quality printing. Each of the two paper trays can hold up to 150 sheets. Its cassette in the base is well suited for plain paper whereas the upright feeder at the rear is convenient for switching among different sizes of photo paper. Its built-in duplexer lets you make two-sided prints. You can scan images up to letter size from the glass platen but the scanner lacks an automatic document feeder for scanning larger sizes or several pages at once. It works well with the flip-up 2.5-inch color LCD for navigating the menus and for printing images from a digital cameras memory card. Before printing an image, you can preview various editing changes, such as red-eye removal, cropping, and conversion to sepia or an antique color effect. You can also plug Canon’s Bluetooth adapter into the direct-print port to allow printing from compatible handheld devices.
- FIVE –Â Premium photo lab qualityThe fine print head incorporates newly developed technologies that allow more precise ink placement by delivering the droplets as small as 1pl. It is with the additional mechanical refinements also made superb images are now delivered at even greater print speeds. MP810 sets new standards as Canons fastest ever PIXMA All-in-One, printing a borderless 10x15cm photographs in just 21 seconds. The Canon PIXMA MP600 offers a comprehensive range of direct photo printing options, including PictBridge and Card Direct.
- FOUR –Â Advanced creativityThe Canon PIXMA MP600 includes a range of advanced features that offer greater convenience and wider creative possibilities. With the dual paper trays photo and plain paper could be loaded at the same time, eliminating the inconvenience of having to make paper changes when photo and document printing are both regularly required. Its printing and copying onto the surface of compatible DVDs and CDs is also possible and enables users to personalise home movies and photo albums stored on the disc. Its integrated duplex printing makes double sided document and photo printing an easy and convenient process.
- THREE –Â High quality colour TFT screenCanon's easy-scroll wheel is used in conjunction with a high quality colour TFT screen. Incorporating IPS in Plane Switching technology, the screen provides the bright, the high contrast images with an extremely wide 170-degree viewing angle on both horizontal and vertical planes. The MP810 features an extra-large 3 inch screen while Canon PIXMA MP600 have a large 2.5 inch screen. Canon’s competitive advantage in printer hardware technology is fully realized when genuine Canon photo grade media and inks are used. The diverse and growing range of Canon media is developed specifically to work in combination with Canon’s FINE print technology.
- TWO –Â Advanced copying and scanningCanon PIXMA MP600 inherits benefits of Canon’s leadership in scan and copy technologies. At the higher end of the range with 4800x4800 dpi optical resolution and the lens is effective in eliminating aberrations and maintains image sharpness. The Dual Colour Gamut Processing Technology is featured on all models and ensures accurate colour reproduction with fine gradation when copying. Two types of colour space scanning are employed that fall within the printer’s colour gamut are reproduced identically. The remaining colours are scaled to achieve best possible results based on human perception.
- ONE – Â Easy-scroll wheel unlocks creativityCanon PIXMA MP600 is a striking combination of black and metallic effect finishes is a distinctive style statement, framing the centrally positioned easy-scroll wheel. This new feature is an innovative control that allows users to interact with print, copy and scan functions in a far more intuitive way. Offering a more comfortable user experience, Canon PIXMA MP600 makes it easier than ever for users to unlock their creativity.
Canon PIXMA MP600 is an excellent printer and a solid copier that delivers top-notch print quality at the high speeds. If you do not need fax, Canon PIXMA MP600 is a solid choice for everything else it offers.