Epson Printer Support Services, Call Toll Free @ 1-877-381-6866
Get your printer fixed by a certified tech. Call Today!
Reset Epson® Printer
Modern Epson printers have built in software or firmware that counts the number of prints that you do using the printer. Each Epson printer model has a set limit, crossing which there will be a message flashed that will notify you as “Printer requires maintenance”. This message will continue flashing till you reset the internal counter; this period is called the overflow. You can reset all brands and types of Epson printers very easily.
To do it, you can follow the below mentioned instructions:
- Go to the Control Panel of your Epson printer; generally it is very close to the digital display.
- Locate the button that says ‘Pause’ or ‘Reset’.
- Hold it for about 5 seconds and the counter will get refreshed.
- Check if the counter has now started to begin from the first print.
Simple… isn’t it? This shouldn’t take you more than two minutes to get done. However, at times you may not be able to locate the Pause/ Reset button. If you too aren’t able to find it, here is what you can do:
- Press the ‘On/ Off’ button in your Epson printer and hold it for 4-5 seconds.
- This will clear the timer and reset your printer completely.
Once you have implemented any of the above two ways, you can check the timer and repeat the action (of resetting the printer) till you can see that the timer has restarted from 0. As a good practice also check if your printer driver is updated; old and corrupt drivers can also lead to the message flashing on your Epson printer notifying you that something is amiss in the printer and that you should restart it…
Resetting an Epson printer also has a number of other facets to it than just resetting the machine, this includes resetting printer ink cartridges and reinstalling the printer if there should be a need. In this article, we are aiming to provide you information on these as well so that your task to reset the Epson printer is complete and fruitful. Here is what you should know:
- Resetting printer ink cartridges takes just a few minutes. It removes the annoying ink-level indicator warnings that pop up every time you try to print. To do it:
- Set the chip-reset device on a table with the flat side down and the notched area facing up. Let it remain accessible.
- Push the cartridge into the device so that the metal tabs on the side of the cartridge line up with the tabs in the reset device.
- A red light on the side of the device will turn on as soon as there is any contact.
- Hold the cartridge in the device until the green light turns on.
- Remove the cartridge from the device with care.
- You can complete the cycle by performing a soft or hard reset (as is mentioned above) on the printer.
By following these steps, you can also replace the cartridge if there is an issue with it.
- Once the ink cartridge is reset, you can turn off the computer and the printer and disconnect the two (by detaching the cables that is connecting the two). To turn off the printer, press its power button.
- Reconnect the power cable and connect the printer to the computer.
- Check if your Epson printer is now reset and continue with your printing tasks…
- In order to reinstall your Epson printer, you can:
- Turn off the printer and disconnect it from your PC.
- Click ‘Start’ and select the ‘Printers and faxes’ option; Windows Vista and Windows 7 users should click ‘Devices and printers’.
- Right-click the ‘Printer’ and choose the ‘Delete’ option. Windows Vista users can right-click the printer and choose the ‘Remove Device’ option,
- Restart your PC.
- Connect the printer to your PC and power it.
- Windows will automatically reinstall and detect the printer driver and make your Epson printer operational.
This is all that you need to know about resetting an Epson printer; follow these points to reset its lifespan and restart the preset number of pages, yet again. However, if you continue getting the alerts and even after repeatedly resetting it, things do not seem to get better, call iYogi tech experts to provide you instant assistance. We are available round the clock and can help you fix most printer issues, in no time. So, from resetting the printer to installing the correct drivers and from enhancing the security cover in the peripherals to helping you with advanced printing tasks, we are available to help you do it all….