Epson® Stylus Pro 4800 printer
Epson Stylus Pro 4800 is a 17inch wide printer that comes integrated with the new K3 ink sets. The Epson Stylus Pro 4800 sells as a Pro edition which includes a Pantone-licensed, SWOP-certified PostScript, Language Level 3 Compatible RIP by Color Burst, and an Ethernet card. It prints on paper size of up to 17 inches wide, in sheets or from a roll. The printer comes equipped with a built-in cutter. This can be used manually or automatically. It is integrated with eight ink tanks for UltraChromeK3 inks, a pigment and resin type ink. The printer comes with a USB port, FireWire port, and an expansion slot for an Ethernet card.
The Epson Stylus Pro 4800 printer is manufactured as per the needs and uses of photographers and artists. The Epson Stylus Pro 4800 printer is also suitable for professional printing to enable users to print in large format.
The Epson Stylus Pro 4800 produces high quality prints. These printers are light and scratch resistant. These can be used up to a maximum of 100 years for color and 200 years for monochrome prints. The prints are of good quality that those can be stored in an album. It has another capability of carrying out advanced black and white printing with a very dense black color comparable to photos developed in a chemical darkroom. The printer is 34x14x30 inches, and weighs almost 85 pounds. It takes about 19 minutes to print a 16x20 inch print and about 6 minutes to print an 8X10 at the highest quality. Lower dpi prints can be produced in about 4 minutes for a 16 x 20 print and 8 x 10 inch prints in only 1.5 minutes.
- FIVE –Â Print speedThe Epson Stylus Pro 4800 can print larger pages up to A4 size. It will take about just under five minutes to print five pages of text and 1:12 to print a single, mixed page of text and color graphics. While printing a full A3 page, a print of an oil painting etc. it will take about 24 minutes and to print A3+ size of paper, it takes less than 30 minutes.
- FOUR –Â Excellent printing modeThe Epson Stylus Pro 4800 printer has both mono-directional and bi-directional printing mode for faster printing. The one inch wide print head has a high resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi. There are four different ways to load print media. The direct front loading path can handle poster board 1.5 mm thick. The printer can hold up to 250 sheets of plain paper or 50 sheets of letter to 17x22 inch photo paper. It has the ability to print on both sides of a sheet without damaging the other side. The prints are moved through the printer by fans, not rollers thus eliminating roller marks from prints.
- THREE –Â Abrasion resistantIn the Epson Stylus Pro 4800 printer, there is a Gloss Enhancer which is incorporated into the inks as part of their resin encapsulation. Gloss Enhancer plays a major role in keeping up the quality of the prints. It uses Ultrachrome inks with a separate ink cartridge called the Gloss Optimizer. This technology enhances the production of abrasion resistant pictures which will last for a long period of time.
- TWO –Â High capacity ink cartridgesThe Epson Stylus Pro 4800 printer has a full set of high-capacity cartridges. These will give you over a litre and a half of ink in total and they are fitted separately from the print head and connected by flexible tubes. Ink is pumped to the heads and a suction facility is used to hold paper onto the wide platen while printing. Users can adjust the suction level to match the weight of the paper stock.
- ONE – Â DesignThe design of the Epson Stylus Pro 4800 printer is conventional. Everything has been designed in a way to cope with paper sizes of up to A2. It has a paper tray at the front through which cut-sheet paper is inserted and makes a 180-degree turn to eject onto its paper tray lid. It also has a telescopic tray which takes paper sizes from A4 to A2. This is done by means of the movable spacers to hold different paper sizes in place.
The Epson Stylus Pro 4800 is a friendly and reasonably priced printer. The Epson Stylus Pro 4800 produces very high quality, eight-color prints, in both color and monochrome by using its three ‘black’ inks. Therefore, this printer is recommended for anyone who needs professional looking prints.