Review on EpsonÂ® M188B printer
Epson M188B is an impact receipt printer. The printer is compact, reliable and optimized for high-speed throughput. It is designed for withstanding undesirable working conditions like high temperature and vibration. The easy-to-use features of the printer makes it suitable for the retail, restaurant and hospitality industries. Epson M188B is thirty percent faster and efficient than others of its class. Its right side up printing capability suits kitchen orders.
Epson M188B is available in three models. Epson M188B is the second among the lot, which is designed for printing kitchen receipts and tickets. The right-side-up printing is the feature that makes it more suitable for kitchen printing. Standard interchangeable Epson interface cards can be used in the printer. The drop in paper loading makes it easy to load the printing media which is a tedious job in other printers.
The receipt printer is a necessary equipment in the retail hospital and business industries for the purpose of billing and ticketing. Epson is one among the mainstream manufacturers and suppliers of printing devices. The printer comes up with a lot of salient features for making it easy to operate. Epson M188B is thirty percent faster than others in its category. It employs two-color black and red receipt and order Serial Dot Matrix printing. The drop in paper loading and auto cutter makes the total process of printing fast and easy. The printer manages right-side-up printing for kitchen order and also has the flexibility to get used with printing material of various width.
- FIVE –Â PerformanceEpson M188B is thirty times faster and efficient than other printers of the same category. The drop in paper loading and auto cutting properties of the printer add to its performance. It has got a descent mono print speed of 6lps. It is integrated with a standard memory of 4KB along with PC platform support that can improve the performance of the printer.
- FOUR –Â ConnectivityThe connectivity of the printer with PC is a property of major concern with printers. The Epson M188B printer is provided with Ethernet port for the purpose of interfacing with PC. The serial back version including RS232 port is also available in the market. The printer is easily connectable without the need for any Ethernet or device driver.
- THREE –Â CompatibilityEpson M188B designed to be 100% compatible with existing systems. The printer can be easily interfaced with PC by making use of the Ethernet port provided. In certain printers RS232 ports are provided for interfacing with the system. The printer doesn”™t need any driver for installation in the PC. Most PCs automatically detect the printer.
- TWO –Â User friendly designEpson takes utmost care in designing a printer for making it suitable for the users. It has a compact design with a dimension of 5.45*6.3*9.76 inches. The compact size and a weight of nearly five pounds make it easy to carry. The printer is designed for right-side-up printing that makes it possible to use for kitchen printing.
- ONE – Â General featuresEpson M188B is WEEE and ROHS certified by the Green Compliance authority. The printer has a better run time with 12 volt lithium-ion battery. The printer comes with a two year warranty that makes it to be used without concern. The effortless installation of the printer is another advantage that it can be installed without any drivers and the facility of drop in paper loading of flexible sizes adds to it.
Epson M188B can be concluded as the best kitchen receipt or ticket printer available in the market by taking into account all the salient features and properties explained above.