HP Color LaserJet® 3600 printer review
HP Color LaserJet 3600 printer is workgroup laser printer which offers 13 to 17 pages printing per minute for both color and b/w. The speed varies with the consumables used in the printer. The printer is enclosed with a 250-sheet tray and with an auxiliary feeder that can take 100-sheets. A 500-sheet feeder can also be added to this printer. This printer uses Resolution Enhancement technology, a technology which helps the printer to deliver pages with a maximum resolution of up to 600 dpix600 dpi.
The HP color LaserJet 3600n is an ideal printer for workgroups. This printer gives a monthly duty cycle of 50000 pages. This printer can be used as a standalone printer server. The printer is small sized and it also possesses handholds which make it easier to shift from one place to other.
The HP Color LaserJet printer 3600n is a well designed printer that handles the papers well. It use a 360MHz speed processor and a standard 64 MB RAM of SDRAM type, which makes the printer to deliver prints of complex documents faster with good quality. The maximum supported RAM capacity is 64 MB. An HP JetReady 4.2 print language is used in this printer. The printer supports manual duplex printing. It uses 4 cartridges; black, cyan, magenta and yellow. Each cartridge can print up to 6000 pages. This printer is provided with LCD backlight on the top, which provides an easy access to complete set of menus. Wired connectivity technology is used in this printer with interfaces like USB and Ethernet 10/100Base-TX.
- FIVE –Â NetworkingThis printer comes with good networking capabilities. It has a plug-in-module that helps the printer to work as a standalone printer. The network protocol used in this printer is TCP/IP along with remote management protocol SNMP 1 and Telnet. This printer gives an option to connect other networking accessories, like 802.11b/g wireless LAN, externally. These features make this printer a good choice for workgroups.
- FOUR –Â Media handlingThe HP Color LaserJet printer 3600n supports the media types like labels, envelopes, bond paper, plain paper, glossy paper, recycled paper, transparencies and color laser papers. The media sizes that can be used with this printer range b/w a maximum of 8.5in x 14in and a minimum of 3in x 5in. standard media capacity of this printer is 350 sheets. By using an extra 500 sheet feeder, the capacity can be increased to 850 sheets. The printer is provided with 2s feeder that auto loads 100 sheets 200 sheets respectively.
- THREE –Â Quality with speedThe HP Color LaserJet printer 3600n printer delivers text and image rich documents in good quality with an average speed of 17 pages per minute. This printer gives first page output in 14 seconds even if the printer is in a standby or pause mode. This printer also offers a monthly duty cycle of 50000 pages, a reason why workgroups mainly focus this product.
- TWO –Â TechnologyThe HP Color LaserJet printer 3600n printer uses Resolution Enhancement technology (Ret). This technology is used to maneuver the dot characteristics in laser printers. By the use of this technology, this printer is capable of printing with good sharpness of image detail and smoothness of curved lines. This printer also uses host-based technology which means that it relies on efficiency of the computer to do print jobs before sending them to the printer.
- ONE – Â Supported Operating SystemsThis printer works well with server Operating Systems like Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008. As this printer mainly features networking properties it might work well in the offices using servers as the main systems. HP Color LaserJet printer 3600n can work as a server printer so the efficient usage of the printer could be possible in server Operating Systems other than the server operating systems. It supports all Operating Systems of Windows and Macintosh.
This product is ENERGY STAR Qualified, and it is recommended for workgroups who need vibrant and rich quality documents in good speed.