Review of HP LaserJet® 5000 Printer series
The HP LaserJet 5000 is a 16 ppm, colorless workgroup laser printer. This printer has a 12.2 seconds startup time. It is faster than the average laser printer available on the market presently. At 350 sheets, with no optional media trays, the HP LaserJet 5000 is capable of handling more printouts without refilling than many other comparable printers.
The HP LaserJet 5000 is a monochrome workgroup laser printer, suited for high volume document printing. This printer can handle A3 (11.7 in x 16.5 in) documents. All HP LaserJet 5000 Series printers give its users the most advanced workgroup printing and printer management technology that HP offers. These printers are perfect for office, finance, desktop publishing, marketing or any workgroup that requires fast and high quality monochrome printouts.
HP LaserJet 5000 Series printers include HP’s most pioneering technologies, thereby establishing new standards for paper-handling, speed, print quality, and network printer management. And with the ability to print from 3 x 5 inch to full-bleed 11 x 17 images, they are a reasonably priced alternative to 'multiple-printer' departments or outsourcing. HP LaserJet 5000 Series printers offer a superior network printing solution that includes industry-leading HP Web JetAdmin printer management software and HP JetDirect 600N internal print servers. Just like any other HP printer this too comes with one feature that you cannot get anywhere else i.e. the printer is shipped with HP’s unparalleled reputation for quality, reliability and compatibility. It spends less time on printer issues, has lower cost of ownership and it gives you high-quality output at a faster pace.
- FIVE –Â Versatile paper handlingThe HP LaserJet 5000 Series printer prints from 3 x 5 inch to 11 x 17 full-bleed for maximum versatility. The printer has large standard input capacity of about 350-sheet. This helps in reducing paper restocking. It consists of optional duplexer for two sided printing. Overall the printer has up to 1,100-sheet paper capacity if you make use of the optional trays.
- FOUR –Â Faster performanceThe HP LaserJet 5000 Series printer has new 16 pages per minute (ppm) engine and 100-MHz RISC processor that helps to outperform other laser printers in functioning. The instant-on fuser gives 13-second first page out, even when it starts from the Powersave mode. The printer has two 32-bit PCI-based Enhanced I/O (EIO) slots which aids in delivering faster throughput and greater flexibility.
- THREE –Â Superior print qualityThe HP LaserJet 5000 Series printer offers high quality outputs. The HP FastRes 1200 (printer default mode) prints 1200dpi quality at the same speed as 600-dpi using standard memory. The HP ProRes 1200 also gives you true 1200dpi output. The UltraPrecise toner in it uses 5-micron particles (less than one-half the size of most other brands) for more perfect dot placement, improved grayscale and photo like quality.
- TWO –Â ExpandableThere are certain exclusive features that help to make HP LaserJet 5000 printer more expandable. The HP JetAssist connector lets you to easily add third-party paper handling accessories in the printer. Then the HP JetSend allows direct communication between printers, scanners and other information appliances without using the computer as the mediator. Another feature is the new DIMM memory modules which are smaller, more powerful and easier to add to the printer.
- ONE – Â Easier integration and managementThe HP LaserJet 5000 Series printer has better management facilities than many other printers. The HP Internet Installer and Oil Change for HP Customers give the users automatic access to the latest printer drivers. Also the HP PCL 5e, HP PCL 6 and PostScript Level 2 emulation ensure compatibility with both PC and Macintosh files. Presence of features like HP Transmit Once and Raster Image Processor (RIP) Once make this printer suitable for faster multiple original printing.
The HP LaserJet 5000 Series printer offers lower printing cost per page, reduced power consumption and maintenance costs along with 1200-dpi quality thereby making it suitable for large volume printing at offices.