Review of HP LaserJet® 5L Printer
The HP LaserJet 5L printer uses the enhanced PCL 5 printer language of HP for use with PCs. The printer meets high document quality expectations with true 600 x 600 dpi resolution, Resolution Enhancement technology. Two trays allow users to print specialty papers from postcard to legal sizes. A straight through paper path allows for printing up to 42 lb and one empty memory slot allows for memory expandability for a total of 9 MB.
The benefits of a heavy-duty printer are that an individual could create multiple groups of sales items, price lists, and brochures that are professional and do not lose their vibrancy as the printer runs. The printer has the ability to maintain fine detail in geometric designs.
The HP LaserJet 5L Printer is an inexpensive four-page-per-minute laser printer designed for home environments for use by individuals or small workgroups. Connecting the HP LaserJet 5L printer directly with a LAN is easily done with the external Jetdirect EX print servers from HP. The HP Printer Pal lets receive faxes on plain paper. This printer features high quality printing 600 dots per inch 26 scalable fonts 210 selectable levels of gray at 106 lines per inch in Windows Enhanced HP PCL 5. An individual could create dynamic brochures in large numbers without the need to spend money on an outside print service. It has a compact desktop size and quiet print operation and able to print on letterhead, envelops, transparencies, card stock, labels, and vellum.
- FIVE –Â Paper CurlThe HP LaserJet 5L Printer Paper Curl is inherent in the laser printing processes. The Paper Curl occurs when the paper is subjected to heat. The Paper Curl tends to relax as the paper cools while resting on a flat surface. The specification for the maximum Paper Curl when paper is lying flat before print is 5mm.
- FOUR –Â Easy to useThe HP LaserJet 5L Printer is very easy to use straight through paper path for printing heavier media. It has a small footprint and quiet operation and it also contains one button for front panel operation and it prints on a wide range of paper sizes. You could print over 300 copies of a brochure, sales list, or other items that will be used primarily for marketing.
- THREE –Â Interfaces and network informationThe HP LaserJet 5L printer has one high-speed bi directional IEEE 1284 compliant parallel port (large B type connector). The following network operating systems are supported with an optional HP Jet direct External Network print server: Novell NetWare, Microsoft (R) LAN Manager, Windows for Workgroups, Windows NT, Windows 95, IBM LAN Server, HP-UX, SunOS, Solaris, SCO UNIX (R), IBM AIX, and Apple EtherTalk.
- TWO –Â EfficientThe HP LaserJet 5L printer gives you four pages per minute output. The Memory Enhancement Technology (MEt) allows full-page 600 dots per inch printing with only 1 MB of memory. HP LaserJet 5L printer has an Economode setting for toner conservation. Using this technology you could extend the print cartridge life. Its duty cycle is 2500 single-sided pages per month.
- ONE – Â Environmental SpecificationsOperating environment is printer plugged into an AC outlet. The temperature range is 10°C to 32.5°C. The humidity is up to 20-80%. Storage environment of this printer is unplugged from the AC outlet. Temperature is 0°C to 40°C. Humidity range is 10-80%. The noise level during printing is 5.5Bels Sound Power Level. During standby and sleep Mode it is silent.
The HP Laserjet 5L Printer provides the opportunity to create brand recognition on every document that goes out of the office.