Review of HP LaserJet® 5si Printer
The HP LaserJet 5si series printers are high-volume, 600 dots per inch, and 24ppm machines designed to handle the printing needs of large networks and departments. The HP LaserJet 5si is a monochrome workgroup laser printer. It includes 4 MB RAM, one IEEE 1284 ECP bi directional parallel port, two HP MIO expansion slots, enhanced PCL 5, one HP Micro fine print cartridge, one 100-sheet multipurpose tray, two 500-sheet paper trays with automatic size sensing, printer software, power cord and documentation.
It is built for those who need high volume black and white printing. This printer can handle A3 (11.7 in x 16.5 in) documents. The HP LaserJet 5si is a departmental printer that quickly prints, duplexes, electronically collates and staples as many as you need, streamlining office workflow without increasing network traffic. Fast, network traffic-reducing features make your office more productive. HP LaserJet 5si prints multiple documents faster then taking documents to the copier for duplication.
The HP LaserJet 5si printer can be directly connected to an Ethernet network and can operate as a standalone print-server. It holds 1100 sheets without using optional trays. This printer goes longer between refills than many other printers. A versatile new Windows interface provides document customization such as booklet printing, watermarks and printing of multiple pages on one sheet of paper. Multi-Bin Mailbox increases the output capacity from the standard 600 sheets to 2,600 sheets. Each printer handles a variety of media sizes including Executive, Legal, A4, JIS B4, Letter, JIS B5, 11 x 17, A3 and multiple envelope sizes. The HP LaserJet 5si printer comes with 45 fonts, 35 Intellifont and 10 TrueType.
- FIVE –Â HP Jetadmin printer management softwareThe HP Jetadmin printer management software is standard with the printer. HP Jetadmin provides remote printer control and status features for all HP Jetdirect and Novell NetWare file server connected printers, which include installation, configuration, and diagnostics. The HP LaserJet 5si provides industry standard MIB compliance for compatibility within network environments. The HP Jetadmin features provide print job tracking and monitoring with real-time status updates, alerts, and job cancels.
- FOUR –Â Maintenance informationThe maintenance should be performed on the HP LaserJet 5si series printer after every 350,000 pages. After 350,000 pages, a message will appear on the front panel of the printer: Perform User maintenance. Maintenance includes the following tasks: Replacing the Fusing Assembly, Replacing the Tray 2 and 3 Feed and Separation Rollers, Replacing the Transfer Roller Assembly, Replacing the 2,000 Sheet Input Tray Feed and Separation Rollers.
- THREE –Â Memory informationThe HP LaserJet 5si series printers have four SIMM slots for installing memory and printer personalities such as PostScript. Memory could be installed in increments of 2, 4, 8, 16, or 32 MB. The HP LaserJet 5SiHP LaserJet 5si memory and the four SIMM slots are available for a maximum of 132 MB of memory.
- TWO –Â Toner informationThe HP LaserJet 5si series printers use an HP LaserJet print cartridge with the Micro fine toner with a product number C3909A. Its capacity is approximately 15,000 pages at 1/4th of the coverage. The shelf life of toner when it is unopened is two and a half years and the shelf life when it opened is six months.
- ONE – Â High-speedThe HP LaserJet 5si series printer has one high-speed bidirectional IEEE 1284 ECP compliant parallel port whish is large B-type connector and two empty slots for Modular I/0 and network cards. The maximum printing speed of the HP LaserJet 5si is up to 24ppm. The monthly duty cycle range of this printer in printer class is 100,000 pages and more.
The HP LaserJet 5si is the first network designed to increase productivity and cut costs in today's workplace by making it easier and more efficient for office workers to print instead of making copies.