Review of HP LaserJet® 6L Printer Series
The HP LaserJet 6L printer is a speedy, 6-ppm laser printer, which offers 600-by-600 dpi resolutions with HP's exclusive REt. It is designed to work with some of the most popular operating systems, including DOS, Windows 3.1x, Windows 95/Windows 98, and Windows NT 4.0. HP LaserJet 6L printer comes standard with one high-speed, parallel bidirectional IEEE 1284-compliant interface and is expandable for network connection.
HP LaserJet 6L printer is the personal laser printer for business users. It is ideal for business users in Microsoft Windows, DOS or OS/2 environments who want the convenience and confidentiality of a desktop laser printer. The HP LaserJet 6L printer offers a fast 6 page-per-minute print speed, superior flexibility, optional network capability. It is rated for a duty cycle of up to 6,000 pages per month.
The 6L is the smallest and cheapest LaserJet that looks like an Inkjet. It comes with a 6-ppm engine and carries the same instant on low power fuser, and the same single mutli-purpose button; however, there is no power switch. The paper feeds and ejects vertically. It has 210 levels of gray at 106 lines per inch in Windows, and 26 scalable typefaces from which to choose. There are two bins (one holding 100 sheets and the other a priority single sheet input slot) allow for the use of specialty papers from postcard to legal sizes. There is a straight through paper path that allows for printing up to 43 lb bond weight. The single empty memory slot allows for memory expandability from 1 MB standard to a total of 9 MB.
- FIVE –Â DesignThe HP LaserJet 6L paper feeds and ejects vertically. Its front section swings out clean; clearing a paper jam is easy. It is possible to choose to front eject the paper, though there is no collection tray there. You could feed envelopes through a straight paper path. A pre-installed check of your hardware specs will be done by the software, such as processor and memory.
- FOUR –Â StorageThe HP LaserJet 6L printer Storage capacity is sufficient enough, at 100 sheets of paper. All the things fit into one tray, which can accommodate a different kinds of media stock, including envelopes, labels, transparencies and plain paper. Its range of paper sizes that it could print is fairly nice, given the low price that the Hewlett-Packard will go for.
- THREE –Â SpeedHP LaserJet 6L prints at a pace of six pages per minute. That is more than double what most any Inkjet printer is capable of doing. The print quality looks more than fine at 600 dots per inch resolution using HP toner cartridge.
- TWO –Â Suits business needsThe HP LaserJet 6L is the ideal printer for business professionals in any size office who need a desktop solution that delivers value, compatibility and reliable black and white printing for their business documents. HP LaserJet 6L offers proven reliability and unrivalled ease of use. It is ideal for business users in Microsoft Windows and other specific Operating Systems.
- ONE – Â ConnectivityTalking about its connectivity, it can be connected via hard wire and by use of a traditional parallel port. No USB capability with this particular printer is there.
The HP LaserJet 6L printer is the personal laser printer for business users. With its low price and miniature size, it almost looks like an Inkjet.