Review of HP LaserJet® 6L Printer
The HP LaserJet 6L printer is a speedy, 6ppm laser printer, which offers 600-by-600 dpi resolutions with exclusive REt from HP. The HP LaserJet 6L printer is designed to work with some of the most popular operating systems, including DOS, Windows 3.1x, Windows 95/Windows 98, 2000, XP and ME. It comes standard with one high-speed, parallel bi-directional IEEE 1284-compliant interface and is expandable for network connection by the popular HP Jetdirect EX Plus print servers. The HP LaserJet 6L printer is rated for a duty cycle of up to 6,000 pages per month.
The HP LaserJet 6L Printer is a personal laser printer for business users in Microsoft Windows, DOS or OS/2 environments who want the convenience and confidentiality of a desktop laser printer. The printer offers a fast 6 page-per-minute print speed, superior flexibility, optional network capability, and HP’s proven laser technology for reliable performance year after year. The printer is used to print off results from school-based computer programs like Accelerated Reader.
The HP LaserJet 6L provides good durability to go with the robust printer cartridge. Another attractive feature of this model is its print quality from the HP LaserJet 6L toner. This engine carries the same instant-on low-power fuser, and the same single multi-purpose button - there is no power switch. The paper feeds and ejects vertically. You could also choose to front-eject the paper, though there is no collection tray there. You could feed envelopes through a straight paper path. There is a possibility to use both drivers that could boost your productivity.
- FIVE –Â Print speedSpeaking of print speed, the HP LaserJet 6L Printer prints at a pace of six pages per minute. That is more than double of what most any Inkjet printers are capable of. The six pages of black-and-white product looks more than fine at 600 dots per inch resolution and given that, there is relatively nothing in this regard to complain about as relates to print quality.
- FOUR –Â Storage capacityStorage capacity of the HP LaserJet 6L Printer is good at 100 sheets of paper. All of it fits into one tray, which could accommodate a number of different kinds of media stock, including envelopes, labels, transparencies and plain paper. The range of paper sizes it could print is quite broad, given the low price.
- THREE –Â Low costsThis HP LaserJet 6L Printer features a monthly duty cycle of 6,000 pages, which considering how inexpensive the printer is, is really quite impressive. For anyone using the HP LaserJet 6L as a personal printer, this means there will be quite a lot of printing that could be carried out. It means that the printer features very low costs per page in terms of printing. The included printer cartridge is good for 2,500 sheets.
- TWO –Â Small footprintThe HP LaserJet 6L Printer is perfect for someone who does not have much desk space to spare. It takes up less room than some keyboards. The Design of this printer is very compact, using very little of desktop space. The specifications of the HP LaserJet 6L Printer are 13.2inch width 12.3inch depth and 9 inch height. The weight of this printer is about 15.4lbs.
- ONE – Â Good print qualityThe print quality of the HP LaserJet 6L Printer is quite good. Put a paper from this copier next to almost any other HP printer and try. Then you could see the same crisp, sharp prints as you will normally find with more expensive HP printers. The HP LaserJet 6L printer combines decent print speed and durability that complements Hewlett-Packard’s reputation for reliability and quality.
This printer prints 6 pages per minute meaning it would take 10 seconds to print a page, which is quite good.