HP Laserjet® 6P Printer Review
The HP LaserJet 6P series printers feature professional, high-quality laser printing. The printers include a job cancel button, a 24-MHz processor, an eight page per minute engine, 600 x 600 dpi printing with Resolution Enhancement technology (REt), enhanced business graphics and images with 128 levels of gray, and the HP PCL 6 printer language. Adobe PostScript Level II printer language is also included with the HP LaserJet 6P series printer.
The HP Laserjet 6P Printer is designed for those who need high volume black and white printing. This printer is capable of accepting pages up to legal (8.5 in x 14 in). It is very robust, built to last, and it does not take up much desk space.
The HP LaserJet 6P printers feature high-quality, professional laser printing. The printers feature Resolution Enhancement technology (REt), HP PCL 6 printer language and enhanced business graphics. The 6P printers have two standard paper trays and also handle a variety of paper sizes and types. The HP LaserJet 6P also have two bi-directional, industry standard ECP IEEE 1284-compliant parallel ports, and one fast, wireless IrDA-compliant infrared port. The printer will automatically switch between ports when multiple connections are used to the printer. The optional HP JetDirect external network print servers provide easy printer sharing.
- FIVE –Â PerformanceThe HP Laserjet 6P printer comes with standard 600 dots per inch print capability. It has an average performance, but has a decent print quality. Instant-on fuser in the printer eliminates the warm-up time. Uploading the correct print drivers so that the printer would be running within a short minutes. Everything in the printer would be managed by means of an 24 MHz processor and it prints out eight pages per minute. The printer can hold up to 350 sheets.
- FOUR –Â MemoryThe HP LaserJet 6P series printers have 2 MB of memory and are upgradable to a maximum of 50 MB. The printer has three available SIMM slots for additional 1, 2, 4, 8, and 16 MB standard memory modules. The SIMM slots could also hold optional languages such as PostScript, Flash SIMMs and typefaces. Memory Enhancement technology (MEt) allows most of the documents to print using the printer’s standard amount of memory. MEt automatically compresses data to print the complex pages. Adobe Memory Booster technology (MBT) increases effective memory capacity of the HP LaserJet 6MP series printer.
- THREE –Â FontsThe HP LaserJet 6P series printers have 45 scalable TrueType resident fonts with 65 additional scalable typefaces on a disk for Windows. For all of the printers, HP Font Smart provides font management capabilities. The HP LaserJet 6P series printers do not have a font cartridge slot. Instead, font SIMMs could be used for signature and special font application needs.
- TWO –Â Print qualityHP Laserjet 6P Printer produces true 600 x 600 dots per inch (dpi) text and graphics. Resolution Enhancement technology (Ret) adjusts the size and the placement of each dot on the page in order to produce smooth curves, angles and edges. HP LaserJet 6P provides sharper appearance of text and graphics with Microfine toner. It also has adjustable settings to optimize the print quality.
- ONE – Â TonerThe HP LaserJet 6Pseries printers use an HP LaserJet print cartridge with Microfine toner. The life of the print cartridge depends on the amount of toner that print jobs require by the HP Laserjet 6P. When printing text, a print cartridge lasts an average of 4,000 pages, printed at 5ÃÂ· coverage. This assumes that the print density is set to 3 (default setting) and that the EconoMode feature is turned off or highest quality (default setting).
The HP Laserjet 6P printer provides professional, high-quality printing. The productivity is increased by the fast business performance. It is compatible with the computer systems and is also expandable.