HP Laserjet® 8000 Printer Review
HP Laserjet 8000 printer is a 24 page per minute engine with a 133 MHz RISC processor. To ensure compatibility features called HP PCL 6 and PostScript Level 2 are emulated. The HP JetAdmin printer management software is installed for the easy installation and management. It has a bidirectional IEEE 1284 compliant parallel interface. It has the ability to print up to 11 x 17 inches.
HP LaserJet 8000 is the ideal printer for business professionals in any office who need a desktop solution delivering value, compatibility and reliable black and white printing for their business documents. HP LaserJet 8000 printer offers proven reliability and unrivalled ease of use.
The HP LaserJet 8000 printer is a 24 ppm, monochrome workgroup laser printer. This unit features 1200dpi resolution. Ethernet capability allows this Laserjet printer to be more easily integrated into a LAN network, without the need for a host server. Holding 1100 sheets without using optional trays, this printer could go longer between refills than many other printers. This printer also supports duplex printing, which allows you to print on both sides of a page in a single pass. This printer can handle letter A size (8.5 in x 11 in) and A3 (11.7 in x 16.5 in) documents. It offers straight through paper path to prevent the curling of heavier media and envelopes. The HP Web JetAdmin provides the simple installation, configuration and management from a common browser. Its memory could be expanded up to 192 MB with the DIMM slots.
- FIVE –Â PerformanceThe 133 MHz RISC processor and the 24 page per minute engine ensures that minimum time is spent on waiting for the output. Greater flexibility for the internal print servers and accessories is provided by the three 32 bit PCI based Enhanced I/O interface slots. The HP JetSend allows the direct communication between the printers, scanners etc without the intermediary of the PC.
- FOUR –Â Speed and throughputFor the letter documents HP Laserjet 8000 printer provides a speed of up to 24 pages per minute with 1200 dpi resolution and provides a practical, innovative printing solution to any workgroup needs. The first page would be out from the printer in just 15 seconds. The RAM based mopying with dynamic RIP reduces the network traffic and allows efficient and fast multiple original prints from the printer.
- THREE –Â MemoryThe HP Laserjet 8000 printers have a standard RAM of 16 MB with Memory Enhancement Technology (Met). It includes two open 100 pin DIMM slots for the expansion of the memory up to 192 MB.It also has the sufficient standard memory to RIP-once and mopy in the dynamic RAM. It also has an optional less than 1 GB disk drive for the storage of the forms, signatures and the fonts.
- TWO –Â ConnectivityThe HP Laserjet 8000 printer has a parallel interface which is bidirectional. The communication between the printers is enabled by the HPs device to device communication technology called the JetSend. For the fast Ethernet, Token ring and local talk environments optional HP JetDirect Internal print servers are there. The additional 2x500 sheet input tray gives you the multiple input sources.
- ONE – Â Font and paper handlingHP Laserjet has 80 scaleable True Type built in with additional typefaces on disk for Windows. It also has the Intellifont built in Greek, Hebrew, Arabic, Korean etc. It also has the feature of the automatic language switching. It can handle an input capacity of 1100 sheets and an output capacity of 600 sheets.
These printers combine the latest technologies with exceptional performance to give you truly hassle free network printing for medium to large departments. HP LaserJet 8000 series printers have new features that could provide outstanding output with a variety of media and paper-handling options, help improve performance while minimizing network traffic, and reduce your overall cost of ownership.