Review of HP LaserJet® P3005 Printer
The HP LaserJet P3005 Printer is a desktop printer with a standard memory of 48 MB interfaces/Ports. The interfaces/Ports used are IEEE 1284B parallel, USB 2.0 – USB. It has enhanced input/output (EIO) card slots for optional connectivity (Network connection through an HP Jetdirect embedded print server are standard on all models). The HP Jetdirect embedded print server technology is incorporated in the HP LaserJet P3005 for network connectivity without using an EIO slot.
The HP LaserJet P3005 Printer is simple and fast. This printer is ideal for document intensive environments requiring high quality and low maintenance. The print technology used is Laser print technology. The HP LaserJet P3005 Printer has a print speed of 35 ppm with Maximum Monochrome Best Quality Letter, while the printing resolution is 1200 x 1200 dpi with Maximum Monochrome.
It comes with improved productivity with print speeds of up to 35 pages per minute and a fast 400MHz processor. You will get crisp black text, clear details, and fine lines with the 1200 dpi. The first page gets printed in less than 9.5 seconds. You should spend less time reloading paper as this model includes a 500-sheet input tray and a 100-sheet multipurpose tray, which takes a broad range of paper types and sizes. It also handles complex jobs with ease via the 400MHz processor and 48MB of RAM (expandable to 320MB). This printer reduces maintenance time and optimizes quality and reliability with HP's interactive Smart printing technology.
- FIVE –Â Control-panel layoutThe control-panel display of the HP LaserJet P3005 Printer gives you the complete, timely information about the device and print jobs. The HP LaserJet P3005 Printer menus provide access to device functions and it also gives detailed information. Message and prompt areas of the display alert you about the state of the device and also how to respond to these alerts.
- FOUR –Â Print multiple pagesUsing the HP LaserJet P3005 Printer you could print on more than one side on a single sheet of paper. This provides a cost-effective way to print draft pages. You could automatically print on both sides of a page when duplex printing is available. Or, you could manually print on both sides of a page by feeding the paper through the device a second time.
- THREE –Â Paper handlingIt prints on media sizes from 211 millimeters (mm) x 297 mm up to 216 mm x 356 mm (8.5 inches x 14 inches; Legal size). The tray 1 could process heavy weight media from 60 g/m2 to 199 g/m2 (16 lb to 53 lb), as well as standard 80-lb cover stock. The tray 2 and the optional trays can process media up to 120 g/m2 (32 lb) in weight.
- TWO –Â Wide range of media typesIt prints on a wide range of media types, including transparencies, glossy papers, heavy stock, labels, and envelops. It has a standard 100-sheet multipurpose paper tray that supports Letter, Legal, Executive, 8.5 x 13, B5 (JIS), Executive (JIS), A4, A5, 16K, Statement, Postcard (JIS), Envelope, and custom media.
- ONE – Â PerformanceFor Letter sized media The HP LaserJet P3005 prints up to 35 pages per minute (ppm). It prints up to 25 ppm for A4 sized media. The first page prints in about 10 seconds or less from starting the printer. Sleep mode, Wake-time setting are available. It uses standard base memory: 32 MB for the HP LaserJet P3005 printer expandable to 288 MB.
The HP LaserJet P3005 Printer is the simple and efficient printer. The HP LaserJet P3005 printer is ideal for document intensive environments requiring high quality and low maintenance. The print technology used is Laser print technology.