Review on HP Officejet® 6500 printer
It is an all-in-one device suitable for a home office. It works as a printer, a fax machine, a photocopier, and a scanner. The advertised top speeds for printing are 32 pages per minute for black and 31 pages per minute for color. That would be fast enough for most people but it is quite a far-cry from the claims.
The HP officejet 6500 is an easy-to-use printer. The software is surprisingly sizable and has to be installed on every machine that wants access to the printer. Once the software is installed, print jobs are easy to set up and you are unlikely to have any problems there. In addition to basic paper, it could handle cards, labels, envelopes, and of course photo paper. Other functions are not quite as straightforward as printing.
HP Officejet 6500 is one of the attractive all-in-one printers that you could buy. It comes with a black finish and neon green accents that keep it looking modern, much more than the dull silver-and-black models from Canon, Epson, and Lexmark. It has a one-line OLED display as opposed to an LCD screen, which saves space, but it also means the user has to press the navigational arrows more often to scroll through menus. There is a 'Quality' button that allows you to toggle between three settings that prioritize speed and quality. Papers, including photo sheets, are meant to be loaded on the tray at the bottom of the HP officejet 6500. The tray retracts into the printer, as it does with the ESP 7.
- FIVE –Â Print QualityThe colorful graphics appear bright with accurate colors and minimal streaking. The prints using the HP Officejet 6500 all-in-one document look clear. The printer is also capable of printing the photographs at a decent level of quality. As a fax machine, this device has a 100-page memory and it could store up to 100 speed dial numbers.
- FOUR –Â Ink RefillsHP charges lesser amounts for its Officejet 6500 black and color cartridges. Though there is a five-color cartridge, not a single color translates it to about 5 cents per black and white document and 10 cents per color page. HP officejet 6500 provides fewer amounts while Lexmark and Epson both charge more for both black-and-white and color cartridges.
- THREE –Â Other FunctionalityIn addition to printing, it scans and faxes wirelessly. It copies but does not scan wires. The printer’s standout specification is its paper tray that has 250-sheet paper capacity. Most other all-in-ones can only hold 100 sheets at a time. It has a 2400 x 4800 dpi scanning resolution, storage of up to 100 fax numbers, and a reduction range for copying of 25-400%. It could receive up to 100 fax pages at once, which is pretty standard.
- TWO –Â Software and WarrantyOn the software side, the HP Solutions Center includes HP document manager, which, among other things, makes it easy to print photos. The interface, which includes a blend of cartoonish icons and Windows tree menus, is a bit crude, but it is easy to navigate. An HP officejet 6500 printer has a one-year limited warranty. It prints professional, colour documents at the lowest cost per page.
- ONE – Â VerdictOn one hand, HP Officejet 6500 offers fast wireless speeds, good print quality when it comes to documents, a high-capacity paper tray, and an attractive, relatively compact design. You soon recommend the Kodak ESP 7 although it is missing a fax machine and is not quite as fast; it still offers decent speeds, not to mention strong photo quality and inexpensive supplies.
To print professional colour documents at the lowest cost per page. There are class inkjets with this versatile all- in-one. It helps fast printing plus fax, scan, and copy tools. HP Officejet 6500 is an all-in-one printer that provides you the freedom to print wirelessly anywhere, in your home or at office.