HP Photosmart® 8050 Printer Review
HP Photosmart 8050 Printer delivers great print quality. The printer has a color LCD display, a direct print port and four media card slots. The media card slots could accommodate common card formats. HP provides a special photo cassette for printing smaller sizes, as 4-by-6-inch snapshots. The other features include a save-to-PC button, HP Memories disc-creator software, auto paper-type sensing, a 20-sheet 4-by-6-inch photo tray, and a 100-sheet, 8.5-by-11-inch paper tray. HP Real life technologies feature enhance the focus and the sharpness of the photos. The RAM size is 32 MB.
The HP Photosmart 8050 delivers better print quality than the more expensive 8250, but it prints photos slowly and uses multi-ink cartridges. The printer is designed with the attributes to minimize the impact on the environment.
The HP Photosmart 8050 printer is a versatile printer with the 1.8 inch color display which helps in the preview and editing of the photos without the use of a PC. The photos printed with the printer produces true to life photo quality in 6 ink color and they resist fading. It is optimized to 4800 dpi and produces the documents with the crisp black text. The photos could be printed in just 27 seconds. The documents are printed at up to 21 pages per minute in both black and the color. The printer includes the removable 4 x 6 photo tray with the convenient media sense.
- FIVE –Â True to life photosThe HP Photosmart 8050 printer prints true to life, long lasting photos and black text documents. You could print the photos at home with low running costs. The photos printed with the printer are rich and realistic and with no grain using the HP Vivera inks. The HP Gray Photo inkjet cartridge prints the artistic and vintage black and white photos. You could also print custom size photos with or without the borders.
- FOUR –Â Edit and print without PCThe HP Photosmart 8050 printer could print photos with or without the use of a PC and edit on large color display. You could use this display and the buttons to select, re-size, crop and print the photos without a PC. The printer prints directly from the camera, camera phone and through memory card, or wireless Bluetooth. It could remove the red eye automatically and enhance the detail in dark areas of photos.
- THREE –Â Detailed look of photosThe HP Photosmart 8050 printer turns on the adaptive lighting to bring out the details in the shadowy or poorly lit photos. The feature called the HP Real Life technologies allows you to improve the focus, contrast of the digital photos after they are taken and thus you could print professional quality photos. This printer uses the front USB port to print the photos directly from the PictBridge enabled camera.
- TWO –Â Versatile home photo printingThe HP Photosmart 8050 printer provides the fast, versatile printing of sizes 4 x 6 photos and documents. It could organize, edit and print the photos and could also create the photo projects with the HP Image Zone software. The printing of the 4 x 6 photos is made convenient by the facility to insert small size paper cassette. The feature called the HP automatic paper type sensor detects the paper in the printer and then selects the print settings needed for that media.
- ONE – Â Long casting photosThe HP Photosmart 8050 printer prints long lasting color photos with the feel of the traditional photos. The photos printed could resist the fading for long time. Also the documents retain the black text and the color quality without fading. The inkjet cartridges of the printer are designed for the efficient ink usage with which you could save on ink.
The HP Photosmart 8050 printer is a very efficient printer which helps in the editing and printing of the photos and the documents in both black and the color. The printer is a versatile home printer which enables you to print at home.