IBM® InfoPrint Printers review
When printing high-volume documents across a network, users demand a reliable printer to get the job done. A variety of optional features are also available in IBM InfoPrint Printers, including high-capacity input capabilities and a high-capacity stacker with three additional output bins. With this stacker, users might choose additional finishing options, such as offset jogging and stapling, by simply selecting these options from their desktops.
Any user could send jobs to be held for later release, and can use personal identification numbers for added security. They are also ideal for distributed environments where they could serve as consolidated printing and copying solutions. By consolidating your production printing and copying needs into a single device, you could achieve optimum efficiency. The printing and copying functions allow for device consolidation and could help increase productivity.
IPDS printing provides for a cooperative print management system that can help improve error recovery, speed and reliability. In addition to a walk-up touchscreen, easy-to-use graphical user interface (GUI) and superior status notification, the IBM controller in conjunction with other IBM software products and optional features offers the advanced functions. You could use Web pull printing or direct printing to submit print jobs. Powerful, yet easy to use, all functions of the integrated scanner could be accessed through a large, intuitive touch panel. The IBM InfoPrint Printers come with Network Printer Manager (NPM) software, which enables network systems administrators to remotely install, configure and manage network printers. With the NPM's easy to use graphical interface, printer status is only a mouse click away.
- FIVE –Â Generation qualityThe IBM InfoPrint Printers offers a RePro, copier-like capability designed to enable users to efficiently print multiple originals of electronically formatted documents. This feature uses transmit once technology that sends the file over the network, enabling the IBM InfoPrint Printers to output multiple crisp, collated, first-generation prints. Reliable, high-quality output prevents quality degradation that inevitably occurs with traditional, copier-generated output. RePro technology minimizes network traffic and could free users workstations more quickly for other tasks.
- FOUR –Â Low cost printingIBM InfoPrint Printers have enhancing operating efficiency and controlling costs. The printers are designed as full-function, cost-effective multifunction solutions. The IBM InfoPrint Printers could help increase productivity while reducing the total cost of printing. The combination of a base maintenance plan option with a cost effective monthly fee and click charges that include toner presents attractive overall operating costs making the IBM InfoPrint Printers very affordable products.
- THREE –Â E-mail printing and notificationA user could send e-mail with attachments (PostScript, PDF and PCL) to the printer, which could print directly from the e-mail. Web-pull printing and e-mail printing are valuable tools to remote sales users, who could have the printer automatically prepare customer collateral for pickup upon arrival at the office. The IBM InfoPrint Printers could also send notification to cell phones via an IP address to ensure that the user or operator receives immediate status information.
- TWO –Â Low-costIBM InfoPrint Printers are designed to meet mid-volume output requirements and to provide reliable supply chain printing at an attractive total cost of ownership. A low cost alternative to laser technology, the IBM InfoPrint Printers could deliver broad forms flexibility, support for wide format printing, and the convenience of remote printer management when LAN-attached.
- ONE – Â IBM InfoPrint ManagerIBM's optional InfoPrint Manager software simplifies job management functions by automating job scheduling, tracking and accounting throughout the organization. InfoPrint Manager could ensure the right job reaches the right printer and the entire print load remains balanced and efficient. This minimizes the troubleshooting and printer uptime. With features such as remote management and monitoring, print-event notification and intelligent document routing and scheduling, Infoprint Manager offers exceptional scalability, adaptability and flexibility.
The printing and copying functions of the IBM InfoPrint Printers allow for device consolidation and could help increase productivity.