IBM® 6400 Printer review
The IBM 6400 family of line matrix printers supports multiple data streams like IPDS (Intelligent Printer Data Stream), Twinax or Coax SCS, Ethernet and ASCII. You could choose from a variety of models and configurations to meet system and user requirements and applications. Users could select from an extensive array of options to support expanded requirements if system requirements change.
The IBM 6400 Series of high-speed matrix line printers offer the latest in line matrix technology combined with interface selections to meet today’s expansive and changing printing requirements. With the IBM 6400 printer, you could select the right line matrix printer for their application. The printer has a speed of 500 lpm to 2000 lpm.
There are several series of the IBM 6400 Matrix Line Printer. The IBM 6400 is only available as a refurbished printer. The new IBM 6400 family streamlines paper handling with a simple, reliable paper path. Its design, along with the view function helps make forms loading and alignment fast and efficient. There are four print speed choices of 500, 1000, 1500 and 2000 LPM. The Twinax and Coax units include an ASCII emulation port. It is a fully Quietized cabinet or pedestal model. There is an optional Internal Ethernet Attachment. It provides multi-platform support: iSeries, AS/400, 3270, RS/6000, AS/36, System 36 and LAN. There is multiple data stream support capability: ASCII, Ethernet, Twinax/Coax or IPDS. The versatile suite of impact printers that are available in two configurations – open pedestal or enclosed cabinet.
- FIVE –Â FlexibilityIBM 6400 line matrix printer series offers a great deal of flexibility and has forms handling capability to support multi-part forms, financial reports, invoices payroll information and program listings. This operation of the fully enclosed models and the flexibility of the pedestal models allow users to match printers to the environment. It provides multi-part forms and reports. It has four print speed choices of 500, 1000, 1500 and 2000 LPM.
- FOUR –Â CompatibilityThe new IBM 6400 Printer offers a wide selection of optional features to provide the AS/400, iSeries and 3270 users ASCII, SCS or IPDS emulations to satisfy their needs. It is a great replacement for existing older products such as the 4234, 5224 and 5225s or new printer requirements without concern.
- THREE –Â Proactive printer monitoringThe optional 10/100Base T Ethernet card is the IBM Printer Management Utility (PMU). It implies automatic e-mail notification of printer messages to appropriate operators as well as real-time printer status. It also features an intelligent ribbon system. The IBM 6400 Printer can automatically alert users when a new supply is needed, helping to ensure print quality and increase efficiency. The PMU enables print operators to download settings to multiple printers and remotely access the full functionality of the operator panel via a virtual ‘op’ panel.
- TWO –Â Supports business environmentThe rapidly changing business environment requires reliable printing solutions that meet the increasing demands for efficiency and manageability associated with high-volume industrial printing applications. The new IBM 6400 Printer is a feature-rich, versatile suite of impact printers that are available in two configurations – open pedestal or enclosed cabinet. The models with enclosed cabinets provide acoustic levels that are quieter than many laser printers.
- ONE – Â IBM service, support and suppliesThe IBM 6400 line matrix printer offers a full range of services to meet your needs, from hardware maintenance to software support. While the standard hours of service are 9 hours a day, 5 days a week, you could upgrade it to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The IBM ribbons are designed and manufactured to work in harmony with the precision hammerbank of the 6400 Line Matrix Printers.
The IBM 6400 Series of high-speed matrix line printers offer the latest in line matrix technology combined with interface selections to meet today’s expansive and changing printing requirements.