How to reset toner chip Xerox WorkCentre 3325 printer
Xerox WorkCenter 3325 is an office environment printer. Normally, the toner is capable of printing up to 5,000 and 11,000 pages depending upon the toner’s cartridge codes. A toner is embedded with a counter chip, which keeps the count of the pages. When the counter reaches the maximum page print limit, it expires and you would need to replace the toner.
However, this can be a costly affair. Nonetheless, you can also change the toner chip only which costs relatively lesser. However, when the toner run outs of ink, you would need to change the chip as well.
There is a workaround this issue. You have a way to reset the toner chip counter and refill the toner whenever it is out of ink. There are two methods for resetting the toner. Follow the below steps, as per your ease.
- You would need a Unismart device to reset your toner. It is a chip re-setter to clear counters for a number of printer manufacturers including Xerox. You can get the Unismart device from the market at a one-time investment.
- First, connect the data cable provided with the Unismart device.
- The device also comes with PCB head. Now connect the PCB head corresponding to the Xerox Workcenter 3325 toner chip (based on PCB code).
- Select the Unismart code on the Unismart device.
- Press the button on the test head.
- Wait till the LCD monitor of Unismart device shows “OK”. This indicates that the reset process is complete and toner counter is now set to zero.
There is software (Xerox WC 3325 DNI reset software) available that is affordable and that patches the printer firmware so printer ignores the paper counter. This, saves you from changing the toner chip or the toner. You just need to refill the toner to use it again.
Check the accurate version, serial and crum of Xerox WC 3325 DNI printer. Check if the printer drivers are installed properly on the computer and it is properly connected to the printer. Make sure that the toner chip located over the cartridge is removed or covered by tapes. Remove all connection gates such as USB gate, LPT gate from computer. Keep the printer, keyboard and the mouse connected. It is advisable to get stable electric power (an UPS if possible) for uninterrupted power.
Turn the printer on and run ‘download.bat’ file from the Xerox WC 3325 DNI reset software. This will run the printer’s firmware. After the automatic setup, the printer will restart and the firmware will be patched to ignore the counter.
By following these steps you can be able to rest the toner chip in your Xerox WorkCentre 3325 printer, However, if you have some other issues related to your Xerox printer or any other hardware or software problem that you need help for, call iYogi technicians any time for instant help.