Print lean with Adobe® LeanPrint
We all know that cartridges give us a lot of pain. Not only do they make a hole in our pockets when they are required to be replaced, they are also cumbersome to maintain. Won’t it be nice to have a small and easy to use solution that reduces ink usage of our printers by a substantial amount? Well, Adobe has certainly listened to our request. Very recently, the company unveiled a new enterprise class, software-only printing solution named Adobe LeanPrint. As claimed by Adobe, once it’s deployed Adobe LeanPrint can reduce ink usage by up to 40 percent. What this solution does is it uses an innovative method to redo the layout of documents required to be printed by automatically fine tuning formatting, colors and layout at print time. By doing this, Adobe LeanPrint not only cuts down on ink usage but also on paper consumption.
As suggested by Adobe, ideally everyone should use this solution. However, Adobe LeanPrint is best suited for a business establishment irrespective of its size. In other words, any business, big or small, should have Adobe LeanPrint deployed. Here is a glimpse of its features:
Save regardless of the device
- Adobe LeanPrint is hardware independent. Once installed, it works equally well, regardless of the printer used, inkjet or laser, personal or networked, etc. It installs as a plug-in in common desktop applications and no additional hardware is required.
- Adobe LeanPrint comes with the My Savings feature. With this feature, individual users can track and aggregate savings made over days, months, and years.
- Adobe LeanPrint also provides insights into printing trends, which can be used to gauge printing patterns across organizations to implement responsible printing policies.
Print smart and green
- Adobe LeanPrint has the capability to print more compactly. Once it gets a document to print, it redoes its layout based on a defined ideal print output for its respective document type (XLS, PDF, DOC, etc.) The document ideal print format balances usability with reduction in paper as well as ink consumption.
- When printing directly from the web, Adobe LeanPrint optimizes web pages by omitting irrelevant information like advertisements, headers, and footers.
- When working with charts in Excel files, Adobe LeanPrint uses patterns instead of colors, thus reducing ink usage. When working with .DOC and .PDF files, it automatically selects an ideal font size while retaining the quality of the printout. However, users have the option to automatically enlarge or reduce it as per their liking.
- Adobe LeanPrint also comes with ink saver modes namely, Super Saver and Toner Saver, with each one having a host of options that the users can select while taking printouts.
Thus, it is apt to say that Adobe LeanPrint prints smart and green.
Hassle free deployment and usage
- Adobe LeanPrint can be easily deployed. Its cloud-based dashboard can be set up without any hassles whatsoever.
- While setting up Adobe LeanPrint, it provides an option with which it can be used as a default printing tool or as an alternative way of printing.
- Adobe LeanPrint also has a Quick LeanPrint option. Select it and print to your default printer in the Super Saver mode. A single click is all that it takes.
Adobe LeanPrint supports all popular applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat and Acrobat Reader. However, support for Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook is planned. To get a trial version of the solution or to purchase Adobe LeanPrint contact LeanPrint@adobe.com.
Call toll free 1 877 889 6859