Tips to connect a printer to a Belkin® router
Belkin routers are used for connecting a network to an active Internet connection. By connecting a printer to a Belkin router you can establish several things including:
- Sharing one printer among several PCs in the network
- Reducing the cost of investing in separate printers per PCs
- Effortless file transfer
You can follow the below mentioned steps to easily connect a printer to a Belkin router. However, before you do it, it is necessary that you understand that you can best enjoy the benefits of this connection if you keep the following in mind:
- Always click on the Wireless Internet Connection option instead of local Area Connection; implement the changes in the set up process itself.
- If you have a static IP, try to obtain all key information on your Internet Service Provider and keep it handy.
- Use the manual that came along the packet when you purchased the Belkin router. It is simple and mentions the step-wise description to set it up in an easy-to-understand language.
- Always unplug the source when the PC is not in use.
How to set up Belkin router?
Now is the actual process that you had been waiting for. Remember to not miss any step in between!
- Connect your PC to a DSL or cable modem, and then go through your Internet settings.
- Provide the authentic details to log in and carefully unplug the router & the cable.
- Now, provide input to your modem as WAN’s port & make the connection between your PC & the router port.
- Turn modem ‘On’ & plug in your router.
- Go to the Control Panel and then access the Network Connections option; simply carry out the set up process as prompted.
- On the Internet Protocol (IP), provide the latest DNS address; enter each numeral/character carefully.
- Open your PC browser & prompt the configured details and keep yourself ready with a user name & password to check-in.
Connecting printer to Belkin router
Now that you have set up the Belkin router, you will now have to connect it. Soon after this process is over, you can start to process your printing tasks and share the printer among the different PCs in the network! You can connect the printer to your Belkin router either wirelessly or through a cable.
- Ensure that the USB port in the printer has remote area set up utilities.
- You can also connect an Ethernet cable directly into the printer followed by connecting it to a wireless router.
- Follow the manual installation process given in the Belkin router manual. This includes:
- Go to the Control Panel and access the Printer & Hardware section.
- Click the ‘Add a Printer’ option & make sure that the printer connection is active.
- Install the relevant and updated printer driver to make the connection seamless and completely functional.
- Browse the available network to find the printer connectivity on another PC.
Using the same steps as mentioned above, you can connect as many PCs on the network to your Belkin router so that you can print documents from there using your Belkin router.
You shouldn’t typically face an issue while connecting your printer to a Belkin router. However, should you face a challenge doing so, call iYogi tech experts by dialing our toll free number and let them fix the issues for you. Remember, we are available 365 days a year and are waiting to serve you…