Google’s Cloud Print technology: Print anytime, anywhere from your mobile device
Heading for a meeting, but forgot to carry the important presentation that you prepared last night? Received a spreadsheet and want to print it from the printer you just spotted in the hall? Or want to send a document to your printer at home while you are in office?
Technology is all about making things possible and printing from anywhere is no longer a fantasy. Whether you use a smartphone, a tablet, or a laptop for your normal workflow, you can easily print all your documents with the help of Google’s Cloud Print technology. The ace technology allows cloud-ready printers to directly connect to the web through your Google Cloud Print accounts. It has made printing more intuitive, accessible, and useful. Using Google Cloud Print technology, you can print documents from your smartphone, tablet, Chromebook, PC, laptop, or any other web-connected device at home, work, or on the go.
How to connect your printer to Google Cloud Print?
To connect your printer to Google Cloud Print, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Sign in to your Google Chrome browser through a desktop or a laptop that is already connected to a printer.
- Using the browser toolbar, click the Chrome menu.
- SelectÂ ‘Settings’ and click onÂ ‘Show advanced settings’Â link.
- Scroll down to the ‘Google Cloud Print’ section and clickÂ ‘Sign in to Google Cloud Print.’
- Now sign in with your Google Account and enable the Google Cloud Print connector.
- You will receive a printer confirmation message. Now clickÂ on ‘Finish printer registration.’
After performing these steps, you'll see a confirmation message that Google Cloud Print has been enabled on your device.
Now on your Android device, go to Google Play and downloadÂ Cloud Print. This is a free app. Using this printing app, you can directly print any of the tabs opened on Chrome through Google Cloud Print by clicking on the ‘Print’ command from the menu and selecting ‘Print with Google Cloud Print’ from the dropdown.
Using Google Cloud Print, you can also share your printer with friends and colleagues. Thus, through Google Cloud Print technology, you can directly enable your computer to connect to the Internet, skipping the need of an intermediary computer.
Image credit: Future Shop