How to Fix 79.00FE Error with HP Printers?
Do you face this specific printer error with your HP printer which flashes an error message 79.00FE error? This printer error may occur on any platform of operating system you are using, whether PC or Mac, whether printing a mail from Entourage, a PDF or any other document.
What causes 79.00FE error message?
Imagine this: you need to print this PDF on your HP printer and you triggered the ‘Print’ job. Then, HP printer may notice that your printer denies the print command; instead it throws an error message called 79.00FE error. Possible causes of 79.00FE error are –
a. Compatibility issue is one of the factors that result in 79.00FE error. Many HP printers only work with PostScript 2 and do not support PostScript 3. If you are going to print an Adobe PDF document with these printers you may see such printer errors because Adobe eliminates PostScript 2 support from Distiller. And your printer may fail to execute print commands to print PDFs and show 79.00FE errors on those printers.
Fix: One of the most effective fix to this 79.00FE error is cold reset of the printer. First of all, consider printing the configuration page. Now take out the jet direct, long press the ‘Go’ button to power on the printer. When the display shows the printer is offline, then you know the reset process is complete. When you remove the jet direct card once again, you will notice that 79.00FE error message disappeared.
b. Does 79.00FE error occur before a print command is triggered, then DIMMS is the culprit. Remove DIMM or dual in-line memory module, install the right DIMM and check if the 79.00FE error is fixed. Follow these steps to install DIMM on a HP printer:
- Unplug the printer from the power switch and unplug all the communication cables attached to the HP printer.
- Take out the print cartridge door by gently pulling it out.
- Spot the DIMM slot to the printer. When the cam fastens at the top and bottom part, it can be swiveled outward.
- Now you have to remove the DIMM slot from the antistatic bag. Take a look at this image to understand it better.
- Now, place the DIMM slot at the right side of the circuit board. Make sure that the gold contacts are pointed left while the cutouts are pointed at the top left and center left.
- Next, insert the DIMM to the slot by ensuring that the card is inserted straight inside. In order to snap the cam latches properly, push the handles toward each other.
- Now, lock the left side panel and cartridge door. Finally, plug in the HP printer and power on the device once again.
c. 79.00FE error may result from other underlying problems and conditions such as when the envelope feeder is emptied of envelopes after you have given the print jobs. Also, this printer occurs if the envelope feeder is attached to a printer that you have powered up.
d. You should need to check whether the firmware is outdated and requires to be removed.
Hence, you need to check by removing different components, one at a time. Make sure you turn off the printer on every time you remove any component such as envelope feeder, jet direct, DIMM, or all communication cables except the power cables. If the 79.00FE error persists even after following these steps, then consider calling an expert printer technician at home. That’s why your need to dial 1 877 889 6859 at iYogi.