Scan from Printer to E-mail: Tips and Tricks
Multifunction printers come with a lot of capabilities and features like print, copy, scan and fax. In addition, multifunctional printers also allow you to scan from the printer and send the document directly to your e-mail box. This makes your task easy and convenient and easily accessible too. Different printer brands allow you to complete this task in different ways. While for some, you just need to access the printer and use the relevant buttons, in others, you will have to make use of specific tools to be able to get this work done. Moreover, to make your task even more convenient and easily accessible, several printer brands also offer you mobile apps that you can simply install on your smartphone or tablet and use the app to scan from printer and mail your documents, images and so on.
If you don’t yet have an app installed, here’s how you start with the scanning and e-mailing process of your files.
Firstly, make sure that the printer is connected to a network that has Internet access. If not, here’s how you get connected to a network…
- Tap on Settings, which is located on the Control Panel.
- Once the settings dialog box is opened find the Wireless Setup Wizard and tap on it.
- Select the Network SSID, a list of available networks will open up. Select your home network from the list.
- You will be asked to enter the wireless pass code. Enter the home network’s security key.
- After the security key is entered, you will be asked to confirm the settings. To confirm, click OK and the printer will try establishing a connection to your network.
- After the successful establishment of connection, a confirmation message will appear.
In case you are using a Kodak printer, once the network setup is done, access the Online Printer Management Tool (OPMT) to get started. OPMT is a built-in feature that allows you to access the printer’s settings and view its properties such as printer status, settings, etc. using a web browser. If you have other computers also set up on the same network as the printer, you can use this tool then too. Printer Management Tools are also available for other printer brands; ensure that the one that you are using also has this feature built in.
After successfully establishing a network connection with the printer, begin the process of scanning from printer and sending to your mailbox. However, first you will have to create a profile. It is similar to registering your e-mail address with the printer.
- Open the Online Printer Management Tool.
- Select the Settings tab and click on Scan to Email and then Email Profile.
- Now, click on Add New Outgoing Email Profile.
- Follow the instructions on the page to create a profile.
- Click on Scan to Email and then Address Book.
- Keep following the instructions on the page to add recipients.
After you are done with this process, start scanning from the printer.
- Open the hood of the printer and place the document or picture on the scanner glass.
- Now press Scan.
- Select Scan to Email.
- Press OK.
- Select the Outgoing email profile and press OK.
- Select the email address you wish to send the email to.
- Press Start.
Your document will be scanned and automatically sent to the e-mail of the recipient you have selected! If you are using a Brother, Epson or HP printer, do not forget to install the printer app on your smartphone for easily getting this task done.
Now, wasn’t that easy? Keep enjoying the core features of your multifunctional printer with ease. But if you still face any difficulty call iYogi technicians to fix the issue. We are available 24 x 7.