Tips to Set up Printer on iPad
Yes! Now you can also print from your iPad as well.
The iPad has various features, which makes it very suitable for business use, apart from your entertainment and leisure activities. With the AirPrint feature available, you can simply print directly from the iPad to a wireless printer; but, to do so, you need to have an AirPrint compatible printer. Brands like Canon, Dell, HP, Lexmark, Samsung, Epson, etc. are manufacturing printers that are compatible with the AirPrint feature. Also, to use the feature, you need to have iOS 4.2 higher and an active Wi-Fi connection.
Following are the steps to setup the printer on an iPad:
- First of all, connect the printer to the Wi-Fi network.
- Then, on the same Wi-Fi network, connect the iPad.
- Once connected, tap on any app that is compatible with AirPrint like Safari, Mail, Photos, Maps and Notes.
- Now, click on the ‘Envelop’ icon and click on Print.
- Then click on ‘Select Printer’; if the printer shows up on the list, it means that you have configured the printer correctly and you are ready to print from your iPad.
However, if both the printer and the iPad are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and yet you are not able to get the AirPrint function, then you have to check the settings of the printer to verify if it is in the disabled mode. If it is so, enable the wireless printing feature and enjoy printing from your iPad.
There are also third party apps available that allow you to connect a non-AirPrint printer to your iPad. These also work in similar fashion like the Epson iPrint, HP ePrint, etc. They work like AirPrint and help in connecting your iPad to printer.