Quick DIY solutions to resolve ‘No AirPrint Printers Found’ Error Message
Are you constantly receiving the ‘No AirPrint Printers Found’ error message while trying to connect to a Brother Printer via your mobile device (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad)? Are you unable to identify the cause behind the problem and fix it? Don’t fret, just check out the solution given below and get quick resolutions to your problems in the shortest possible time.
What is AirPrint?
AirPrint is an Apple technology used to create high-quality print outs without having the need to download or install any additional driver. With this technology, you can easily take out full quality photos and documents from your Apple devices, including iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Mac. To use this technology with your Wi-Fi network, it is important to ensure that your printer, which came with AirPrint support, is connected with the same network as your iOS device or Mac. If any such issue comes up, you are likely to encounter ‘No AirPrint Printers found’ error message. It usually occurs due to these two reasons:
- When mobile device is unable to detect your Brother printer.
- If you are using iOS7 in ad-hoc mode.
Solution to the problem
As mentioned above, if any network connectivity issue occurs either with your Brother printer or your Apple mobile device, it can cause the ‘No AirPrint Printers Found’ error. Here’s the list of some DIY (Do-it-Yourself) solutions that can help you resolve the problem:
Check for the settings of your Apple mobile device
If you are unable to connect your mobile device to a Brother printer, it can most probably be due to faulty settings of your Apple devices. Here are the steps to validate the settings of your device:
- Check if Airplane Mode setting is set to ‘OFF’. When this mode is turned on- an airplane icon- appears in the status bar at the top of the screen and no wireless connection signals are emitted from your Apple mobile device. So, if it’s turned on, set it to ‘OFF’.
- Ensure Wi-Fi connection of your Apple mobile device is set as ‘ON’. The AirPrint technology cannot run on cellular data network (4G/3G/E/LTE) connection. So, to avoid any problem due to connectivity issue, it is suggested to check that your Apple mobile device is connected to your Wireless network and thus, Wi-Fi on your device is turned on.
Check if your Brother printer is connected to the network
To validate that your Brother printer is connected to the same network as your Apple Mobile device, follow these steps:
- Switch off your Brother printer. Wait for a few minutes and then turn it on again.
- Allow the printer to join the network.
- If your machine is directly connected to a PC using a USB cable, you will have to join it to a wired or wireless network.
- Also, if your Brother printer is connected to a Wi-Fi network, ensure that your Apple mobile device and the printer – both are connected to the same network. Here are the steps that you can follow to confirm that both the Apple mobile device and your printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network (SSID):
- For Brother Printer network:
- Print the Network Configuration Report (List).
- Find the network name “<NAME (SSID)>” (SSID: Service Set ID) on the Network Configuration Report (List). If it’s like this, then your Brother machine is connected to this SSID name.
- To check the Apple mobile device network:
- Tap on the ‘settings’ icon and check that Wi-Fi setting is turned ‘ON’.
- Now, tap on ‘Wi-Fi’ and confirm that the SSID is the same as your Brother machine is connected to.
Check the settings and connection of wireless access point/router
Multiple wireless access point/router between your Apple mobile device and Brother Printer can also cause ‘No AirPrint Printers found’ error message. In this case, your Apple mobile device may not be able to find the Brother printer due to different configurations. Here, you need to ensure that the Brother Printer and Apple mobile device are connected to the same access point/router.
Also, check if the security functions of the wireless access point/router are running and blocking the Apple mobile device from connecting with the Brother printer. If functions like Mac Address filtering and Privacy Separator are set to run, then it’s possible that your Apple mobile device will not be able to find the Brother machine. If you are not aware of the configuration of the security function, you can refer to the manufacturer of your wireless access point/router or can also consult your network administrator to resolve the problem.
These are the possible causes and fixes to the error ‘No AirPrint Printers Found’. If the above given DIY solutions are unable to resolve your problem, get in touch with a tech expert from iYogi for speedy resolution. Our experts can help you diagnose and troubleshoot all sorts of technical glitches encountered in devices and peripherals. Avail of quality technical assistance from iYogi tech experts and see how your technical life gets simplified.