How to fix “Print Spooler Error 1053”?
Sometimes you may get the print spooler “Error 1053” while you give the print command to your printer or try to install a new printer. The error reflects the inability of the spooler service to register its status in the service control manager. Another cause of this error could be a corrupt printer driver. If your PC has outdated drivers for the printer, try updating the printer drivers from the manufacturer’s website. This can resolve the issue if it was the sole reason triggering this glitch.
Normally there are two ways to fix the printer spooler error 1053 on your PC. You can either do it automatically or manually. To fix this error automatically, there are free tools available, which you can download and run. These tools help in reinstalling the printer spooler completely on your PC.
- There are freeware available to fix the issue. You can download the Print Spooler Error 1053 Repair Tool (for windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8) from its legitimate website.
- Run the tool and click on ‘Scan/repair’ for the tool to start scanning the print spooler service for errors.
- After the scan, restart your computer and the Print Spooler Error 1053 should be fixed and your printer running normally.
If the above steps were not able to resolve the spooler error or if you do not have an active Internet connection, there is a manual way to fix the error. Follow the steps below to fix it manually:
- Press ‘Win + X’, and click on ‘Computer Management’. A new window will open; select ‘Computer Management’ on the left pane and then double-click on ‘Services and applications’ on the right pane. Now double-click on the ‘Services’ option from the right pane to open the list of All Services.
- Look for ‘Print spooler’ in the services page and double-click on it to open the configuration menu.
- Open the ‘Log on’ tab in the configuration window; uncheck ‘Allow service to interact with desktop’ and click ‘Apply’ and the click on ‘OK’.
- Now, click on the ‘General’ tab, click ‘Start’, ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’ in the same order.
- Now, you will need to re-permit Spooler’s system files (spoolsv.exe, Spoolss.dll) for print execution. Follow the steps for this:
- Open C:\Windows\System32.
- Search for spoolsv.exe, Spoolss.dll.
- Right-click on spoolsv.exe and click on ‘Properties’.
- Go to ‘Security’ and then go to ‘Edit’. Now, select ‘Administrators’ and click on ‘Apply’. Now click ‘OK’.
- Further, click on ‘Advanced’ and then go to ‘Change Permissions’. Now, click on ‘Add’.
- Type ‘everyone’ and click on ‘OK’ and checkmark all the boxes in the ‘Allow’ row. Again, click ‘OK’ and ‘OK’ again to finish.
- Now, find spools.dll and repeat steps 5c to 5f for this file.
- Restart your computer and let the changes take effect to start the printing services again.
However, if you are still not able to use the printer or have some other issues related to your printer, call iYogi technicians for seeking their immediate and reliable tech support. iYogi certified team of experts can help you troubleshoot the error remotely via the Internet or through phone call in no time.