Fix “Spooler Service not running” issue in Windows 8
Spooler service gives the print command to your printer. It manages the print queue and handles multiple print commands on a first in first out (FIFO) basis until the last print command is executed. The spooler service works with two system files named spoolss.dll / spoolsv.exe. In case there is a print spooler issue, you will typically get to see one of the below mentioned error messages on your Windows 8 machine:
- Local print spooler is not running. Please restart the spooler.
- Print spooler is not working.
- Print spooler won’t start.
- Printer spooler service can’t start.
- Print spooler service getting the error message while printing.
- Start the print spooler service first, then try to print again.
This service deficiency may be a result of multiple issues. Most Trojans and viruses target the “print spooler service” to corrupt it. Viruses also corrupt the registry of print spooler service, thus stopping it from functioning.
Fixing the “print spooler service”:
- There are freeware available to fix the issue. You can download Print Spooler Repair Tool (for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. This tool helps reset the print spooler service to its default settings.
- Run the tool, and click on ‘Scan/repair’ for the tool to start scanning the print spooler service for errors.
- After the scan is completed, restart your computer. The print spooler service should be fixed and running.
However, if you are not able to resolve the issue, call iYogi technicians any time for instant help. We are on call 24x7 and our tech experts can help you resolve the issue in no time.