HP and Konica Minolta® Acclaimed as Outstanding Achievers
... And the winners are Hewlett-Packard Company and Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc. Applauds to the two for yet another feather in their caps.
Hewlett-Packard Company and Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc. has been honored with the prestigious Summer 2011 "Outstanding Achievement" Awards for their respective innovations of HP Designjet ePrint & Share and Konica Minolta Universal Printer Driver (UPD). The award was conducted by Buyers Laboratory Inc. (BLI), the world's leading independent evaluator of document imaging products and solutions. The two products excel in extraordinary usefulness and value and rules out others of the similar category in uniqueness.
Features of HP Designjet ePrint & Share:
• HP Designjet ePrint & Share provides two-way file sharing and printing via the cloud
• This highly versatile utility is offered at no cost to users who register on the company's website, after which they have access to 5 GB of secure "cloud" storage.
• There are no restrictions on size or file type.
• A two-way capability, ePrint and Share also enables users of HP Designjet e-Series of Web-connected wide-format printers to access their cloud library directly from the control panel to print selected documents
Features of Konica Minolta Universal Printer Driver (UPD):
• Konica Minolta Universal Printer Driver (UPD) enables users to easily find and print to a variety of Konica Minolta and third-party printers and MFPs on a network, while offering a consistent look and feel.
• With Konica Minolta's universal PCL driver, organizations can deploy a single driver for every compatible printer on the network, saving time and streamlining workers' productivity.
• It lets users know whether or not a selected device is compatible with the UPD, saving users’ time and resource in the trial and error
Both Hewlett-Packard Company and Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc. are very happy to have received this award. Iolanda Montserrat, HP ePrint & Share product manager said, "At HP, we spent a great deal of time listening to design professionals to determine how we could make the large-format print process easier and allow them to seamlessly collaborate with partners around the world. The result of these customer interactions was the HP ePrint & Share Web service, for which we are excited to be recognized by BLI with an 'Outstanding Achievement in Innovation' award." On the other hand, Minoru Fukushima, manager, application and platform group, international marketing division, mentioned, "Konica Minolta is proud to receive BLI's 'Outstanding Achievement' award for its Universal Print Driver (UPD), as this is a wonderful acknowledgement of our development efforts".
While the two companies are cheering the achievement in their own respective ways, the world celebrates the two outstanding products and gladly looks forward to many such innovations for the progress in technical advancement.